Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ever Dream This Man?




So recently I stumbled across a website with an interesting subject. Apparently a psychiatric patient drew a picture of a man who kept appearing in her dreams, and a few days later another patient recognized the picture as the man who kept appearing in her dreams as well. Soon enough, psychiatric patients all over the world began recognizing the portrait as the same man that has been recurring in their dreams. No one knows who it is and no one has ever met him in real life, yet he supposedly occupies the dreams of thousands of people.

Now, I'm not one to go for crazy conspiracy theories, and I'm certainly not one to blindly believe everything I read on the internet, but something about this just creeps me out on a fundamental level. Even if it's not true, the picture and backstory combined make it a pretty creepy hoax. If it is true, well, that's just terrifying. I'm not sure what would happen if I ever saw this man in my dreams, but I can't imagine it ending with anything less than a violent showdown. (EDIT: it appears that it's part of some viral marketing campaign. Still not any less creepy.)

You can read more about this phenomenon at the original website.

3 comments:

Justin T. said...

Makes sense, except they're not advertising anything, so it's kind of pointless. Still creepy though.

William King said...

I've read that it's a viral ad for the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Also, it does kind of look like a less sexy, genetically mutated for of me.

Justin T. said...

That makes me excited for the new Nightmare on Elm Street, the trailer for which looks awesome.