Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Birthday To You

While most at Baylor Law will be celebrating the momentous occasion of the birth of fellow law student blogger W.K. this evening (myself included), there's another birthday that slipped past the radar largely unnoticed. Today, December 17, 2009, marks the 20th anniversary of the very first full broadcast of The Simpsons television show. Since then, they've produced 449 episodes and a full-length feature film. I've seen every one of them numerous times. I can't tell you what a monumental occasion this is for t.v. history. The Simpsons has been a part of my life since I was 7 years old, and I truly can't remember a time when new episodes were not being produced. Because I fear that this will be the last season of The Simpsons, I feel that it's necessary to pay tribute to the family that has brought me and millions of others so much joy and comfort throughout the years. So over the next few days (or whenever I get around to it), I'll be posting some of my favorite Simpsons moments, trivia, and clips for all to revisit and enjoy. Take a moment today to say Happy Birthday to W.K. and to the Simpson family as well. May their shenanigans live on as an indispensible part of American culture forever.

Thank you, Bart, Lisa, Maggie, Marge, Santa's Little Helper, Snowball II, and especially Homer. Happy 20th Anniversary.

1 comment:

William King said...

It was a legendary festivity.