Monday, January 18, 2010

K&S Properties and Brazos Place Apartment Complex: The Worst Companies in Waco

Normally I don't consider myself a rabble-rouser. I am more than willing to cut someone some slack or give them the benefit of the doubt if it means less hassle for me. However, certain things I can't abide, and one of them is incompetence in customer service. And so it is with a sad note that I report to you today on the two worst businesses in Waco: K&S Properties and one of its properties, Brazos Place Apartment Complex.

My relationship with K&S Properties and Brazos Place Apartments began in 2008 with little fanfare. I thought I had found a quiet, cheap, convenient place to live near the school.  Boy was I wrong. During the last 2 years, I've had to deal with the following:

  • Maintenance employees entering my apartment without knocking (twice!)
  • A/C leak resulting in black mold and stained carpet
  • At least 2 errant late rent notices despite the fact that I pay my rent early or, at the very least, on time
  • A garbage disposal that was broken for over 3 months despite numerous written requests for repair
  • At least 3 packages delivered to the front office that no one ever bothered to tell me were waiting for me
  • A leak in the upstairs apartment resulted in a nasty black mold problem all over my ceiling, walls, and carpet
    • subpoint: after they had the audacity to blame me (note: I was in Alaska all summer and can't exactly control the flow of water in other apartments), they "cleaned" the mold by spraying it with a bleach/water solution and replacing some (but not all) of the mold-stained carpet.
  • Most recently, my hot water went out on Tuesday and despite a written request for maintenance on Tuesday, an irate call to the maintenance supervisor on Thursday (who hung up on me), and a follow-up written request on Saturday, it wasn't fixed until Monday afternoon.
I write this post not to complain (well, partially to complain), but mostly to warn anyone who happens to Google K&S Properties and/or Brazos Place Apartments in Waco, Texas that they will severely regret doing business with either of these companies. Again, to anyone thinking of dealing with either of these companies, DO NOT RENT FROM K&S PROPERTIES OR BRAZOS PLACE APARTMENTS IN WACO, TX. Worst. Company. Ever.

In other news, I am seriously considering looking into practicing consumer protection and/or landlord-tenant law.

This part is for Google indexing: K&S Properties Waco, TX; Brazos Place Apartments Waco TX, Brazos Place condominiums, KS Properties, K&S properties apartments, Brazos Place living, K&S Properties Waco, TX; Brazos Place Apartments Waco TX, Brazos Place condominiums, KS Properties, K&S properties apartments, Brazos Place living, K&S Properties Waco, TX; Brazos Place Apartments Waco TX, Brazos Place condominiums, KS Properties, K&S properties apartments, Brazos Place living, K&S Properties Waco, TX; Brazos Place Apartments Waco TX, Brazos Place condominiums, KS Properties, K&S properties apartments, Brazos Place living

1 comment:

Darrell said...

I had the same problem with these crooks. They kept our deposit and still tried to charge us for more repairs after we moved out. They sent us a letter saying they were going to sue us for damages but they never filed a lawsuit. It was basically another attempt to try to scare me out of money. I pray to God that this business will get what they deserve.