Saturday, May 7, 2011

To Blog or to blog differently...

So, as both of you know, I haven't written anything since before I moved to Alaska. This is not for lack of things to talk about, but a combination of being busy and also not feeling particularly compelled to sit down and write out a long blog entry. This got me thinking about why that seemed so unappealing to me lately. I realized that most of my posts are long, fairly detailed posts with lots of pictures and links. And frankly, they take a lot of time, or at least they take me a lot of time. So while I love writing, the thought of sitting down for an hour to write a blog post and find/create appropriate pictures has not seemed worth the effort to me lately.

Then it dawned on me that I could simply change the format of my writing to accommodate my laziness. I feel like I would probably post a lot more if I didn't feel disappointed in cranking out shorter, less detailed/complex entries. So I'm asking you, reader(s), what would you prefer? More sporadic but longer entries like now, or shorter, more Tumblr-esque posts more frequently (and possibly switching my blog entirely to a Tumblr format)? Once I hear what all 4 commenters prefer, I'll make a decision and move on that.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I want a blog that features snow, bears, and Palins.

Micah said...

http://micahcircuitry.blogspot.com/2011/05/open-letter-to-justin-t.html