Thursday, July 19, 2012

Holy shit, it's even more art!


Because I am like a turbocharged bulletproof Batmobile of unstoppable productivity, I have been painting a lot lately (and doing a small bit of drawing as well). Most of what I've been doing is just practicing various techniques and working on developing depth with a minimal color palette. Being in Alaska, you'll see that most of it is Alaskan-inspired themes. There's nothing spectacular there, but some of them turned out pretty good I think, and others seem to like them, so I thought I'd share. All are watercolor on 9"x12" 140 lb. cold-pressed paper and (sometimes) cut to a different size, and almost all of them are 4 colors or fewer. Sorry for the less-than-stellar photography; I'll get a decent camera soon enough.

Generic sunset/blending practice
Denali

Polar bear hunting
Musk oxen on tundra
Grizzly bear
First attempt at nighttime scenery, yeesh.
Forest
Painting I did for my dad for Father's Day. "Rut"
Painting I did for my mom for Mother's Day of their house in Texas, where I grew up.
Sonoran Desert
Untitled
Ptarmigan Peak at Dusk
My friend Dave, 22"x28", charcoal pencil on paper (work in progress)
My friend Josh, 9"x12" pencil on paper
I'll continue to post more projects as I finish them.

No comments: